The U.S. Census Bureau strongly encourages everyone to complete the 2020 questionnaire online. However, many L.A. County residents don't have regular access to the internet.
To help us bridge that gap, you can host a Census Action Kiosk (CAK), a space with a computer or tablet and internet access where people can fill out the census questionnaire. All you need is at least one computer with internet access that is available to members of the public from March to July 2020. Please note these other requirements:
- Maintain regular office hours
- Outfit computer stations with census marketing/branding material
- ADA Accessible
Each CAK also need to have staff and/or volunteers on-site who are trained by the City, County, or community partners to:
- Direct people to the census questionnaire
- Answer resource and information-based questions
- Provide language assistance
- Provide digital-literacy assistance
Locations that do not have staff will work with the City, County, or community organizations to identify and recruit volunteers.
- Since the CAK interface will be completely on the web, computers designated as a CAK just need to run the newest versions of a modern web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- While it is not required, we recommend that the internet speed for CAKs be a minimum of 5 Mbps. This will ensure that users do not experience delays navigating the site.
- Feature CAK website prominently on computers/tablets
Below are the minimum system requirements to run these browsers:
Windows Operating Systems (all requirements must be met)
- Windows 10 or later
- At least an Intel Pentium 4 processor or later
- At least 100 MB of free hard drive space
- At least 128 MB of RAM
Mac Operating Systems
OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
If you have any questions, please contact Mayor.LACensus2020@lacity.org.